Quality Assurance Plan
Quality Assurance Plan is a critical part
of any project, as it enables to agree a set of quality targets with the
customers. It then helps in monitoring and controlling the level of quality,
which further indicates the level of adherence to the targets. The purpose
of quality assurance plan is to direct and facilitate the establishment of
quality assurance activities with in processes used to deliver right
products and services to the clients. This also makes sure of the quality of
the goods delivered.
Quality Assurance Plan describes the
principles, processes and procedures used to support the regular delivery of
high quality products and competitive services. The quality assurance
process is concerned with establishing the authority of the quality
assurance function, standards, procedures and their monitoring and
evaluation to determine quality in relation to established standards.
Quality assurance activities concentrate on the prevention of problems
through the continuous improvement of processes.
Quality Assurance Team
At Santec, there is a dedicated quality
assurance team. Management is determined to protect the teams
independence in dealing with the process quality for both products
and services. Management also helps the team to formulate the roles and
responsibilities of each individual of the team.
Roles & Responsibilities
The main function of the quality
assurance team is to guide the technical staff to gradually improve the
standards relating to quality. Quality assurance team will initiate the
process and will take part in each and every phase of the process. The roles
and responsibilities of quality assurance team are:
- To develop and maintains the quality assurance plan.
- To conduct the audits and reviews.
- To ensure the quality assurance processes and procedures
adequately control processes.
- To review and approve specifies deliverables.
- To promptly report the results of audits to management.
- To implement task level quality control based on quality
- To manage defects, errors and corrections.
Quality Assurance Procedures
Different methods and techniques are
applied for the specific quality assurance activity. These are:
- Structured walkthroughs are applied for detecting errors and
improving products at any process stage.
- Independent evaluation of process activities or finished products
is done through checklists and meetings.
- Independent examination of the products is carried out according
to standards or contractual agreements.
The various parameters on which the
review of any process is done are: